Circular Rubber Technologies is looking to hire an impact-driven, strategic business development professional who is highly skilled in identifying market gaps and developing innovative technical solutions to address client needs.
Above all else, the Director of Innovation & Growth must be a Swiss Army Knife, a Jill/Jack-of-all-trades who is skilled in a multiplicity of areas, such as industrial technology, project management, sales, and business management. Such responsibilities may include identifying new or underserved markets and leading the go-to-market plan to meet their needs, to setting up the next commercial facility from scratch. Or it could be managing and monitoring a specific client portfolio, driving innovation within CRT and into new markets, or building growth strategies by researching related industries and environmental regulations.
In your role as a Director of Innovation & Growth, you will:
- Work closely with CEO, COO, and CSO to analyze and execute strategic plans
- Conduct research on feedstock and offtake markets, identifying and analyzing reports, databases, and industry publications
- Stay informed on global industry trends, regulations, and legislation
- Attend conferences, client meetings, industry events to build relationships with key players and sales prospects
- Prepare presentations, reports, and documents to deliver to internal and external stakeholders including investors and clients
- Understand product-market fit and identify opportunities to sell into new markets
- Evaluate geographical market supply/demand and regulatory requirements to inform CRT’s growth plan
- Travel (domestic and international) to build relationships with prospective clients and industry partners and evaluate geographical regions for future facility locations
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in related roles
- Confident and skilled in client-facing, sales environment
- Comfortable working in remote environment with geographically dispersed team
- Self-starter, takes initiative, operates independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of or experiencing working in a startup environment is a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Sustainability or similar field. Master’s Degree an asset (MBA preferred).
Attributes you bring to work:
- * >Curiosity*: an insatiable desire to learn, ask questions, and think “what if…”. You are not afraid to dive into new terrain.
- * >Optimism*: your mind seeks opportunity everywhere. You’re a glass half full kind of person who won’t see an obstacle as a reason to stop, but instead, a reason to press on and challenge the status quo.
- * >Resilient*: As the famous Thomas Edison once said, “I haven’t failed. I’ve simply found 10,000 ways that do not work.” You understand innovation requires failure. And the more risky or disruptive the innovation, the more likely it will be to fail. This doesn’t scare you, it motivates you.
- * >Strategic*: you dive into data analysis and engage in technical discussions in order to gain insights that shape design making. Your unique skill is being able to both grasp the BHAG vision and act on the tactical plan to make it a reality.
Alignment with CRT’s Values:
- * >Sustainable Prosperity* – Infinite benefit to all
- * >Innovation* – Instigating the Rubber Revolution
- * >Urgency* – To do something NOW
- * >Growth* – In people, mindset and magnitude
What CRT offers our employees:
- Small, supportive, diverse and inclusive team
- Remote work, flexible hours
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Interested and qualified?
We are interviewing immediately with the goal of starting by Dec 1 2022. Apply via “Apply Now” link or via email to apply[ a t ]circularrubber.comwith the subject line: “Director, Innovation & Growth”.
The successful candidate must be legally able to work in Canada. CRT is not able to extend work permits or sponsorships at this time. The above position description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The information contained herein is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible schedule
- Stock options
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Business development: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote